If you routinely find yourself suffering from an oral health condition that emits foul odors from your mouth, you are probably affected by what is known as halitosis. Halitosis has numerous risk factors associated with its presence and can arise due to issues within your mouth or even deep within your body. To help prevent halitosis, also known as bad breath, it is important to be aware of issues and symptoms that can arise and known risk factors, including the following:
– Halitosis may be linked to deep issues within your body, including respiratory tract infections or liver and kidney malfunctions.
– Medications you’re taking can often produce dry mouth as a side effect. Dry mouth is known to decrease saliva and give rise to bad breath.
– If you have dentures, they will need to be cleaned every day unless you want to run the risk of causing bad breath to occur.
– Poor oral hygiene, including a failure to brush and floss your teeth daily, can give rise to bad breath.
– Unhealthy habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco both cause bad breath.
– Oral health conditions including gum disease, toothaches and excessive plaque buildup can all give rise to bad breath.
No matter which halitosis prevention treatment plan you desire, our dentists and our team at Jones Bridge Dental Care will care for your smile. To book an oral exam, routine checkup, or professional cleaning at our dentist office in Alpharetta, Georgia, please contact us at 678-813-1634.