A good pair of dentures is only as good as the maintenance put into caring for them. If you fail to properly care for them, they can easily wear down and need to be replaced. With excellent care, your dentures can last for as long as you need them too. Here are a few tips for keeping your dentures clean:
– Always avoid using the following products on dentures: teeth whiteners, bleach, hot water, and abrasive cleaning materials.
– Be sure to brush and rinse your dentures daily, but not with toothpaste. Clean them with products including hand soap, denture cleaning solution, mild dishwashing liquids, or products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Always brush the inner parts of your mouth before inserting dentures. Also rinse the dentures in water before inserting, in order to remove any harmful chemicals that may be present from your cleaning solution.
– Remove your dentures every night to allow your gums a chance to rest.
– Be sure to schedule regular checkups with your dentist, and consult them if your dentures become damaged.
– Never let your dentures dry out. Always soak them in plain water, or a proper cleaning solution when not in use.
– Be extremely delicate when handling dentures, as they can be easily damaged.
Never forget to maintain proper oral health care at all times, even with dentures. If you would like to schedule a checkup with our wonderful dentists at Jones Bridge Dental Care, you can call us at 678-813-1634 to speak with a member of our staff. You can also visit our office in Alpharetta, Georgia. Your smile is our business!