When you open your mouth and look in the mirror, do you see silver or metal fillings? If so, wouldn’t it be nice to get rid of those unattractive fillings and replace them with fillings that look exactly like your natural teeth? Well now you can when you receive tooth-colored fillings from Drs. Eliezer, Malikov, Nasseh, Rahman, and Febo-Cuello at Jones Bridge Dental Care.
What are tooth-colored fillings?
Tooth-colored fillings are an exceptional replacement or alternative to silver or metal fillings that were commonly used for more than 100 years. Not only are these silver fillings contaminated with mercury, a harmful substance to your body, but they are also unattractive.
- Tooth-colored fillings are also commonly referred to as “composite fillings” in the field.
- Composite fillings are completely natural looking. No one will even know you have a cavity!
- Tooth-colored and mercury-free fillings are used to repair heavily decayed, cracked, or broken teeth.
- Tooth-colored fillings are commonly used in our office to replace old silver amalgam fillings.
Experience the benefits of tooth-colored fillings!
In the past, when metal or silver were used to fill cavities, the material did not allow for a tight seal, thereby letting moisture inside. Over time, the filling would expand and the tooth would crack at times, eventually leading to broken fillings. Moreover, old metal amalgam fillings would leave patients with discolored teeth.
Tooth-colored composite fillings are chemically bonded to the problem tooth once the decay is removed. This process helps to protect the remaining tooth structure from breaking or eroding. Tooth-colored fillings also are:
- Stain resistant for up to 10 years because they’re composed of porcelain material.
- Long lasting and durable.
- Completely customizable in size and color so there are no visible differences between the filling and your natural surrounding teeth.
As you can see, there are several reasons why patients choose getting tooth-colored fillings versus silver amalgam fillings. If you are interested in replacing your silver fillings with tooth-colored fillings in Alpharetta, Georgia, we invite you to call our dentists to schedule your consultation appointment. Soon you will have a mouthful of natural-looking, dazzling white teeth!