If you are looking for a reliable solution to missing teeth, Dr. Eliezer provides implant-supported dentures in Alpharetta, Georgia. While traditional dentures sit directly on the gums, implant-supported dentures connect to titanium posts that are surgically embedded in the jawbone. This stabilizes your restoration for a functional and comfortable fit. Contact Jones Bridge Dental Care today to learn more about how implant-supported dentures can improve your quality of life.
Benefits of dental implants
Implant-supported dentures offer patients numerous benefits, including:
- Increased stability: Traditional dentures are held in place using dental adhesives, which can be messy, foul tasting, and do not provide a stable or comfortable fit. Conversely, implant-supported dentures are attached directly to titanium posts, which offer unparalleled strength and stability.
- Improved speech: Because the denture is held securely in place by implants, you will not need to worry about mumbling or slurring your speech while trying to keep the denture from moving while you speak.
- Added comfort: Most patients need to use their facial muscles to keep traditional dentures in place, which can lead to soreness and discomfort.
- Preventing bone reabsorption: After tooth loss, your body begins to redirect minerals away from the jaw, so that the material can be used more efficiently elsewhere.Dental implants replace your tooth roots, which stimulate your body to send nutrients to your jaw and rebuild lost bone density.
- Healthier gums: Constantly shifting dentures can wear down your gums over time, unlike implant-supported restorations.
Implant-supported dentures may not be the best option for every patient. The ideal candidates typically have few or no teeth in one or both jaws, and are dissatisfied with traditional dentures. Patients must have sufficient jawbone density to support the implants, though bone grafting or sinus lift procedures can help build up lost tissue, improving your candidacy.
Interested patients must also be committed to thorough dental care. While implant-supported dentures can last for years, their lifespan is greatly extended with proper dental hygiene.
Timeline for the procedure
During your initial consultation, your dentist will perform an oral exam to determine the precise locations for the implants to be placed. If you do not already have dentures, Dr. Leo will provide you with a temporary restoration to wear until your implant-supported dental prosthetic is ready.
The length of your treatment will depend on whether or not any preparatory procedures are required. Bone grafting recovery can take several months before you are able to move forward with your implant placement surgery. If you are in good oral health and have sufficient tissue, then Dr. Eliezer can perform the implant surgery immediately.
After the titanium posts are placed within your jaw, they will be allowed to heal and fully integrate with your jawbone for a period of three to six months. During this time, Dr. Eliezer will take impressions of your teeth and gums to create highly customized dentures.
Once the implants have fully healed, your dentures will be placed. Dr. Leo will make any necessary adjustments to ensure a comfortable and functional fit, and attaches the restorations securely to the titanium posts.
Contact us today
With over 30 years of experience, Dr. Leo Eliezer and his team are dedicated to providing high quality care in a safe, relaxing environment. If you are interested in taking advantage of the benefits that implant-supported dentures can offer, contact us today to schedule a consultation or join us for one of our seminars.